Last year saw YOUR voices heard after a series of AMAZING achievements by the community campaigns run out of Friends of the Earth Melbourne. These victories don't belong to the strategic outlook of a CEO or board of management, they are not the result of million dollar campaigns, but come from the genuine grassroots and largely volunteer run collectives housed with Friends of the Earth. Our model of equal pay (for our few paid staff), equal say and no bosses that challenges traditional power structures is working, but we need your help to keep it going! Scroll to the bottom to make a donation today!
Donate to FoE this tax time, before June 30, and support us to continue our campaigns for social and environmental justice.
This year we have seen some incredible achievements from our community led campaigns! We have:
- stopped fracking in Victoria;
- achieved the cancellation of 6 brown coal licences in Gippsland;
- protected Koala habitat in the Strzelecki Forest;
- delayed an international high-level waste dump in South Australia, standing with traditional owners against nuclear waste dumps on sacred land;
- and we're bringing home a Victorian Renewable Energy Target (VRET) of 25% by 2020 and 40% by 2025!
But there's still more to do! Your donation will help us to keep our people powered campaigns going!