The Active Friends membership program is one of the best ways to support the current and future work of Friends of the Earth. It involves a regular monthly donation of a self-nominated amount*. Your generous support allows Friends of the Earth to continue campaigning, advocating and educating on key environmental and social justice issues.
As an Active Friend member, you will receive a subscription to our national Chain Reaction magazine, a discount at the Friends of the Earth Food Co-op on Smith Street, and special Active Friend prices to FoE ticketed events.
This year we have seen some incredible achievements from our community led campaigns! We have:
- STOPPED fracking in Victoria;
- achieved the CANCELLATION of 6 brown coal licences in Gippsland;
- PROTECTED Koala habitat in the Strzelecki Forest;
- STOPPED an international high-level waste dump in South Australia, standing with traditional owners;
- and we're BRINGING HOME a Victorian Renewable Energy Target (VRET) of 25% by 2020 and 40% by 2025!
With your support FoE works tirelessly for a more just and sustainable world. Together we are making a difference. We do not take funding from business. We are dedicated to the communities we work with, not corporate donors. Donations are tax deductible**
Membership terms and conditions can be found here.
*Minimum contribution is $10 per month.
**A small processing fee of $30 per annum is taken which is not tax deductible.